The September, 2012 edition of “INTHEBLACK”, the monthly magazine of CPA Australia, contained articles by three authors putting their viewpoints about the merits or otherwise of allowing firms or industries to import foreign workers into Australia. Industry leaders fear that major projects in the mining, construction and other sectors may be abandoned without significant […]Continue Reading →
By: Brian Harrisson
This article appeared in the Journal of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, No. 6 December, 2009 at, P24. The original article can be viewed on page 24 at: http://www.ausimm-bulletin.com/downloads/pdf/edition/7/web.pdf.
A recent technical paper has challenged one of the golden rules of exploration namely that angled drill […]Continue Reading →
The paper examines the conventional belief that angled holes are more detection effective than vertical holes with dipping targets. The examination uses a binomial probability framework.
Analysis in […]Continue Reading →
- TRILLION DOLLAR BABY: How Norway beat the oil giants and won a lasting fortune
- COMPARATIVE PERFORMANCE OF THE US ECONOMY
- Have Orthodox Economists, Misrepresented the ideas of Adam Smith and the Utilitarian Philosophers?
- Should selected industries be permitted to import foreign workers?
- Is a golden rule of exploration drilling about to change?