A heated debate began when the Australian Government announced an initial carbon tax with a move within a few years to a full emissions trading scheme (ETS). Like others I have political views but I think that this issue is of such importance to Australia and indeed the world that it transcends political party loyalties. […]Continue Reading →
HOW THE CARBON TAX COULD WORK USING THE STEEL INDUSTRY AS AN EXAMPLE.
The Steel Industry uses coal because it is cheap relative to other fuels and appears to typically generate between 2 and 3 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2) per tonne of raw steel produced. Scientists have now alerted Governments to the connection between CO2 emissions […]Continue Reading →
This is a simple but accurate outline of the financial instrument that was a major contributor to the Global Financial Cricis (GFC) and caused so much heartache to people throughout the world. I don’t know who wrote the words but I acknowledge and thank that person for his/her work. It describes how, […]Continue Reading →
“Brian is grateful to CPA Australia for permitting him to include the following paper on his web site. It should not be implied from this permission that CPA Australia, agrees with any of the content of this site”
PDF Document from CPA AustraliaContinue Reading →
- TRILLION DOLLAR BABY: How Norway beat the oil giants and won a lasting fortune
- COMPARATIVE PERFORMANCE OF THE US ECONOMY
- Have Orthodox Economists, Misrepresented the ideas of Adam Smith and the Utilitarian Philosophers?
- Should selected industries be permitted to import foreign workers?
- Is a golden rule of exploration drilling about to change?